2013年11月10日 星期日

More Than You Think

     For some personal reason, I chose the economy as my lesson for this semester. This chance made me walk into a world I had never thought about. Not only shocked but I also felt how small I was to this world. It was the first time that I got so close to the concept which is much more than I thought it was. Everything had to start from the 10 principle in economy, to make this short, I will just mention the important point. There're four factors that will influent the decision of the costomer. They are other choices, thing you have to give up, efficence and temptation. When you read the four factors you may think "I have understood them hundreds years ago." In the meantime, you are so wrong. Left first three of them alone, let's focus  on the fourth factor "temptation." As we all know, if the government raises up the tax of apples, the price of apples will raises relatively high, therefore, there will be more costomers buying pears instead of purchasing apples. At the same time, for making more profit of apples, farmers will hire more worker to work for them, so there are will be more apples for costomers to buy. That's how we see the "temptation" originally. But its meaning is more more than you thought. 
      Take the seat belt law for example, due to more and more drivers using seat belts for fear of being imposed a fine, drivers will start to think this way: " I use seat belt when I am driving. In other words, my life gets protection." This kind of thought brings countless accidents, for the drivers knows they are safe, so they won't drive so carefully. No matter if you are buying this, it's truth. Compared to the drivers died for car accidents, the number of the passengers died for car accidents raised incredibly high after the seat belt law is pronounced. This was not only just a concept of economy, it is a case that really happen in the world we live. Everything have both sides, and you will always take care of what you choose to do. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言